Thursday Thirteen: 13 Beautiful Libraries
I used to love the atmosphere of a library- the silence, the being surrounded by so many books… it can be a writer’s/reader’s haven. My thursday 13 is on some of the most beautiful libraries around the globe.
1. Abbey Library St. Gallen, Switzerland
2. Trinity College LIbrary, AKA, The Long Room, Dublin, Ireland
3. Melk Monastery Library, Melk, Austria
4. Jay Walker’s Private Library
5. Library of Parliament, Ottawa, Canada
6. Strahov Monastery – Theological Library, Prague, Czech Republic
7. Herzog August Library, Wolfenbüttel, Germany
8. Wiblingen Monastary Library, Ulm, Germany
9. Library of the Benedictine Monastery of Admont, Austria
10. George Peabody Library, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
11. National Library, Belarus
12. Sansovino Library, Rome, Italy
13. Old British Reading Room, British Museum, London, England
For more interesting libraries, these and others can be found here.