Thursday Thirteen: 13 things I’m looking forward to
Mine’s pretty blah today, mostly cause I’m doing it up right now very quickly but, mine’s on the 13 things I currently am anxious/can’t wait for.
1. The toronto romance writers chapter meeting in a few weeks. It’s a bit pathetic but it’s one of the only times I go out and do something on weekends that’s fun, for me.
2. That being said, the DC conference in July. Nervous as heck, but excited to meet so many new people. I’ll be the shy one not talking… guaranteed. LOL.
3. Finding out if I get this new job.
4. Sending in my 3 lines for the contest (never entered a contest before…)
5. Finally saying that I finished a novel. It’s in its final stages of editing… but by May 1st I want to say that it’s DONE and move on to book two.
6. Seeing my aunt and uncle next thurs. Yay. They’ll only be passing through really but still. It’s been awhile.
7. Moving on to the next book to read. Not that the one I’m currently reading is bad, but it’s just different. It has little characterization and tells 3/4 of the way through, explaining every little thing, like, ‘telling through dialogue about old furniture’ when it could easily be shown. Little things… but it still pulls the reader out.
8. Tomorrow. It’s my day off. Which means sleeping in. 🙂 I’m a zombie right now, cause of a bad night of continuously waking up and getting no real sleep, so this is one thing I’m REALLY looking forward to. Heh.
9. Getting my hair done before I go up to DC in July. Hah. I haven’t gotten it done since the summer so it needs to be touched up. I don’t have enough money to do anything right now other than try and dye it myself. Which I did… earlier this month but it turned out redder than I expected and doesn’t quite suite me so I need it to grow out.
10. Going home for a week in Aug to spend time with the fam. I talk every day pretty much for a bit to my mom on msn and I do call home, but it’s not the same. I want to spend time on the farm, with the dog and my parents… and be able to walk to the lake and pick strawberries…
11. Warm weather. It’s still quite cool out. I don’t mind the rain, I love it. But cold rain no. And the fact that it snowed a bit last week? No… go away. But at least we don’t have snow on the ground like my parents… they’re still getting snow storms some days.
12. Subway. LOL. I know that it’s completetly ridiculous but I’m craving Subway… so I decided that on the way home, I’d pick up a sub or something.
13. Paying off my visa… ok I have about one more paycheque to be put in… well two I guess. That means I can start saving again and putting money in my RRSP again… or put it toward the student loans- boo- to help pay them off faster.