So tomorrow I’m off. Off to Timmins, Ont to visit my family. I haven’t seen my grandma and aunt (who are coming from British Columbia) in over 6 years since before I started University so I’m stoked. No work. For a whole week. I can relax and not worry about anything. These are just some of the things I will be bringing with me.
1. Clothes. Duh. This includes undies, shoes, a dress, etc.
2. Books. A full week off? Um, reading time! Oh yeah. It will be ggggrrrrrrrreat! Not sure all the ones I’m bringing yet.
3. Music. Ok, I’m not hip. I don’t have an ipod or mp3 player. No… I’m still back into the discman age where my Panasonic black and yellow cd player is my best friend when it comes to listening to music on the go.
4. Hair straightener. I’m one of those who doesn’t like their hair. I have natural curly hair but I like straight. So… I must bring this with.
5. Toothbrush/hairbrush/deodorant/all other small items.
6. Food. 10-12 hour bus ride? Um yeah food is a necessity. Usually I don’t like to get out much at the bus stops. There’s usually 3 stops. One is for lunch but I don’t like going in line at Harvey’s because I’m paranoid that the line will be long and the bus will take off without me. Bathroom breaks is enough. Snacks on the bus keep me going.
7. Work. This includes emailing myself the manuscripts and reviewer lists etc so that if they have a question or need something, I can get it to them. Fatal Visions doc also has to be sent to myself. Cause um… why wouldn’t I write?
8. Cell phone/camera and respectable cords. Another duh.
9. Bus ticket! after spending $140 one way to get home, um, I think I’m going to need that one.
10. A pad of paper and pens. To write of course!
11. My College Diploma. They already have my University Degree so they need this College one too.
12. Money. Another self-explanatory one here but you never know when you will need cash while travelling.
13. The travelling book of course!